Re: basic question: going back to dired

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: basic question: going back to dired
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:46:54 +0900

"Juanma Barranquero" <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:
> We're bound to stick with history. But it is nice (and perhaps even
> useful, in some way) to think what benefit would we gain by using a
> more common terminology. At least that will compel us to choose more
> adequate names for new features.

Indeed, but for the most part it seems that many people attempting this
(like xahlee) do not really understand the underlying concepts very
well, and simply pick the first "modern" term that they believe
resembles the emacs term.  The result, of course, is predictably a mess.

-Miles

--
Carefully crafted initial estimates reward you not only with
reduced computational effort, but also with understanding and