Re: basic question: going back to dired

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: basic question: going back to dired
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:38:09 +0900

"Juanma Barranquero" <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:
> I've quoted a dictionary, but I'm not depending on it; rather on my
> own CS days back in the eighties. Obviously now it is a more generic
> term.

It certainly had this meaning in the 80's or earlier.  [Indeed, Emacs'
use of the term is evidence that it dates back even to the mid-70s or
earlier.]

-Miles

--
Infancy, n. The period of our lives when, according to Wordsworth, 'Heaven
lies about us.' The world begins lying about us pretty soon afterward.