Re: Checking vc-state recursively under a directory

From: Thr4wn
Subject: Re: Checking vc-state recursively under a directory
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:59:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 23, 6:16 am, Nordlöw <per.nord...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it somehow possible to check whether all the files under a version-
> controlled directory are all up-to-date (updated)? That is like vc-
> state() but recursively for a directory?
>
> My reason for asking is that I am writing some emacs lisp snippets
> that auto-update-and-rebuild() my Emacs add-ons directly from within
> their vc-repositories.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Nordlöw

I think that 'vc-recompute-state is what you want, as it will actually
run "cvs update".

try something like the following (this currently doesn't work because
directory-files is also returning things like the CVS folder which vc-
recompute-state throws an error because it doesn't know how to handle
it):

(progn
  (let ((retval nil))
    (dolist (cur-file (directory-files dir-path t "^[^\.]") retval)
      (push  (vc-recompute-state cur-file) retval))))

hopefully that is close to what you're looking for :-)

-Thr4wn