Re: (next-buffer) : emacs hangs

From: The Grue
Subject: Re: (next-buffer) : emacs hangs
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 07:46:07 -0700 (PDT)

On 24 Jun., 20:14, Nikolaj Schumacher <n_schumac...@web.de> wrote:
> > emacs hangs completely. CPU is at 100%. The only thing that is still
> > working then is a repaint when I hide/unhide the window.

> Does C-g get you out?  If so, you can set debug-on-quit to get a
> backtrace, otherwise you'll need to use GDB.

Well, C-g doesn't help so I tried to run emacs in gdb - but I'm stuck :
(

I deleted the sources from which I built my emacs. So I just fetched
the tar file again.
Then I started gdb:
me@somewhere >gdb /opt/emacs/bin/emacs
GNU gdb 6.6 [...]
(gdb) dir /home/me/src/emacs-22.2/src
Source directories searched: /home/me/src/emacs-22.2/src:$cdir:$cwd
run
(gdb) run
Starting program: /opt/emacs/bin/emacs
[New Thread -1219377472 (LWP 4623)]

-----> I press C-c

[Switching to Thread -1219377472 (LWP 4623)]
0xb7ef7410 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb7ef7410 in ?? ()
#1  0xbfe6e8a8 in ?? ()
#2  0x00000000 in ?? ()

So there's no debug info ? I 've surely done something wrong but I
don't know what. The emacs binary has debug info, so this should work,
shouldn't it ?

Thanks for any help,
Markus