Re: How can I stop focus stealing?

From: Bernardo Bacic
Subject: Re: How can I stop focus stealing?
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 16:40:28 +1000

Not sure how to accomplish what you describe. Have you tried xcscope package within Emacs itself?

it was a dark and stormy night when Bruce Korb said,
Hi,

I like to use a couple of cscope windows triggering "file visits"
in an emacs session with three or four frames open.  I do not,
however, enjoy typing several characters at the cscope window
only to have focus shifted to emacs and having the remaining
characters trigger various actions in an emacs window.  I've
set my KDE desk top focus stealing prevention to "extreme", but
it is not extreme enough to stop this behavior.  I've groped
through the emacs settings and not been able to figure out how
to prevent the emacsclient signaling from cause the theft of the
focus.  So, I ask here:  How can I do that?  I do _not_ want
my mouse moved away from cscope into emacs.  I'll move the mouse
myself when I am ready.  I do not need the "help".  Thank you.

Regards, Bruce