Re: HOWTO naming frames?

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: HOWTO naming frames?
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:44:00 +0100

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 02:03:17AM +0200, Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
> giglio robbo' d'acciaio <dgiglio@iol.it> writes:
>
> > All my Emacs frames are named emacs21@<mydomain>. Is it possible to rename
> > them
> > in order to accord with the frame's content, i.e. "Gnus", <filename> and so
> > on?
>
> M-x set-frame-name

C-h v frame-title-format

frame-title-format is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is "emacs:%b"

Documentation:
Template for displaying the title bar of visible frames.
(Assuming the window manager supports this feature.)

This variable has the same structure as `mode-line-format', except that
the %c and %l constructs are ignored.  It is used only on frames for
which no explicit name has been set (see `modify-frame-parameters').