Re: basic question: going back to dired

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: basic question: going back to dired
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:27:54 +0200

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 06:33, Tim X <timx@nospam.dev.null> wrote:

> Are you a touch typist?

Yes.

> I find C-x C-c really easy.

I don't find any control key combo "easy". Perhaps I would find them a
bit easier if I did the usual Caps Lock / Ctrl switch, but I suspect
it wouldn't be much of a difference.

> However, in general, I think moving
> away from the home row/keys usually reduces speed and is less
> convenient.

While programming or doing other everyday computer tasks, I don't find
typing speed a significant parameter. It doesn't worry me the least
bit to spend a few fractions of a second moving my fingers out the
center row.

  Juanma