Re: Files created with emacs are owned by system

From: iainb . forms
Subject: Re: Files created with emacs are owned by system
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 04:32:31 -0700 (PDT)

whoami: iainb
groups: iainb appserveradm appserverusr admin
echo $GROUP: returned nothing - if there are ways to get env vars set
within emacs, I don't know how to do that.

the user "system" doesn't appear in my Netinfo database, but it is
quite common to find it owning the file if using the Get Info command
from the Finder (which gives more meta info, so I tend to use that
instead of unix commands for ownership). It appears to be an alias
used by Apple

ls -al:
-rw-r--r--    1 root   iainb       8 Aug  1 12:27 Dummyfile.hs

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.