Re: Files created with emacs are owned by system

From: iainb . forms
Subject: Re: Files created with emacs are owned by system
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 06:16:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 1, 12:52 pm, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:
> Am 01.08.2008 um 13:32 schrieb iainb.forms:
>
> > -rw-r--r--    1 root   iainb       8 Aug  1 12:27 Dummyfile.hs
>
> This file is owned by root – not by you.
>
> You should try:
>
>         sudo chown -R iainb:iainb ~iainb
>
> log off and in again.
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>    Pete
>
> Without vi there is only GNU Emacs

What I'm really looking for is a way to stop emacs saving files as
root, or else I'm going to have to run chown every time I create a
file, or create the file using touch and then open it in emacs.

Neither of these is an optimal solution. Surely there must be some
sort of setting that tells emacs who to save files as?

Regards,
Iain