Re: Files created with emacs are owned by system

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Files created with emacs are owned by system
Date: 1 Aug 2008 13:47:49 GMT

Peter Dyballa wrote:
> The Haskell file in his home directory he showed did not belong to
> him. He also described that he has problems to save files. So I
> assumed that also directories might not be owned by him.
>
> BTW, what's so bad (or dangerous or capitalistic) of owning
> everything in my home directory tree?

i don't know. but that's exactly the point. you never know what reasons
there might be for having files not owned by user in ~user. (or files not
set to the group <user>, for that matter.)

besides, running chown as user on a file owned by root has no effect...

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)