Re: What does 'run' do in cperl-mode?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: What does 'run' do in cperl-mode?
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 10:17:49 -0500

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 20:34:16 -0700 (PDT) Xah <xahlee@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Above I listed the things I don't want to explain to you (but, with a
>> little brain activity, you could understand for yourself) that make your
>> 4 man-hours estimate to implement your proposed change extremely
>> unrealistic.  This is very much on-topic.  It's frustrating that you
>> simply ignore reasonable answers when they don't suit you.

X> One thing about argument, especially among newsgroup tech geekers, is
X> that reasoning and critical thinking is wanting, but lots huff and
X> puff and sneer.

<colbert>I accept your apology.</colbert>

X> In this thread, i think Eli Zaretskii took the Gold for huffy-puffy.

You're diverting the discussion and getting off the topic.  Please
don't.  Acknowledge your 4-hour estimate was unrealistic and let's move
on.

Your bug submission was the right way to raise the issue, and although
the manual will not be changed (unless I've misunderstood the messages),
people seem to be in favor of providing alternatives in the menus.  This
is similar in spirit to what I suggested to you about adding "Meta is
accessible via the Alt key" footnotes to your messages.  Meta will stay,
but new Emacs users will be helped to understand that it's bound to the
Alt key on most modern keyboards.

Ted