Re: basic question: going back to dired

From: Cor Gest
Subject: Re: basic question: going back to dired
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 21:43:32 +0000

The entity, AKA Michael Ekstrand <michael@elehack.net> wrote :
(selectively-snipped-or-not-P)

> When Vim added tabs, however, each frame (of which you could only have
> one, actually) could have tabs, and each tab had a set of windows, and
> each window could view a buffer.  Tabs behaved more like Emacs frames do
> when on a terminal, except that there was a horizontal listing of them
> at the top of the screen.

Put the tabs vertically opposite to the scrollbar and call them
'view drawers'. The confusion would be complete and the all would really have
their knickers in a bunch.

Cor

--
  OSBBQ 2008 ::  13 September 2008 http://osbbq.nl.linux.org

(defvar My-Computer '((OS . "GNU/Emacs") (IPL . "GNU/Linux")))
                http://www.clsnet.nl/mail.php