Re: Can anybody tell me how to send HTML-format mail in gnus

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Can anybody tell me how to send HTML-format mail in gnus
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 15:09:29 +1000

qingant@163.com (M.T) writes:

> Evans Winner <thorne@timbral.net> writes:
>
> thank you very much.I am just using an not that simple
> method.powered by MIME lib,we can include html codes like
> this:
>
>>    >    I wrote my article in muse,and compile it to html,
> and then load those above and then C-x i insert the
> html file generated by muse,and then send it to
> ***@blogger.com. And that allows me to enjoy the convinent
> and power of muse and can also easy update my blog.
> Your reply is really helpful,I appriciate it very much.
> and i think i can now working all in one enviroment.
> that's fun.

In general, HTML in mail messages is a bad thing. However, this does
appear to be a special case. One thing to note is that if sending HTML
mail, it really should consist of both a plain text part and an HTML
part to comply with relevant mail rfcs. Note also that many anti spam
filters will block e-mails that only contain HTML and odn't comply with
the rfc standards. furthermore, many mail readers will not display the
HTML correctly if it isn't written correctly.

With respect to blogger, there is a package called g-client written by
T.V. Raman that provides an emacs interface to many google services
(gcalendar, gphoto, greader, gblogger etc). The package is bundled with
emacspeak, but can be used without it. The emacspeak and g-client
packages are hosted on google code.

Tim
--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au