Re: How to type when using Emacs?

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: How to type when using Emacs?
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 15:07:54 +0000 (UTC)

In article <8763rcm4np.fsf@sophokles.streitblatt.de>,
Florian Beck  <abstraktion@t-online.de> wrote:

>Finally, if you are using X, you should definitely make your keyboard
>use ALT, SUPER, HYPER and COMPOSE. (Probably not for editing, though, I
>use ALT for »viewing« (e.g. ALT-u outline-up-heading), SUPER for
>rearranging (transposing paragraphs) and reserve HYPER for my window
>manager).

I try to stay away from windows and use primarily
a sun and solaris.  And emacs, of course.

Now, you talk about ALT, SUPER, HYPER, and COMPOSE.

For emacs, what do you use those keys for?

(What are they "supposed" to be used for -- that is,
maybe, what acts or intentions gave them those names?)

Thanks!

David