Re: Can anybody tell me how to send HTML-format mail in gnus

From: Charles philip Chan
Subject: Re: Can anybody tell me how to send HTML-format mail in gnus
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 01:03:22 -0400

Xah <xahlee@gmail.com> writes:

> So, i was reading about it in Wikipedia. Although i don't have a TV,
> and haven't had since 2000, but i still enjoyed the festive spirits
> anyhow. After all, i'm Chinese by blood. So, in my wandering, i ran
> into this welcome song on youtube:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HEndNYVhZo

What is your point? Your email is in plain text and I can click on the
link just fine- it is not exactly rocket science to implement parsing of
URL's to workable links in an Email program (a lot of programs does
that, including Gnus). Images can be included inline if you want. Also
mail markups such as *this*, **this** and _this_ have been around since
the Usenet days and displayed appropriately by a number of mailers. Like
others have said, most html messages that I have seen either contains
useless information, or are plain spam and can introduce a host of
security problems in some mailers.

Charles