Re: Can anybody tell me how to send HTML-format mail in gnus

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Can anybody tell me how to send HTML-format mail in gnus
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:32:34 -0500

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:49:21 +0200 "Lennart Borgman (gmail)"
<lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'm saying exactly what I said: Emacs has always been aimed at people
>> who can read a manual.  That may, to you, imply "tech geek" but I think

LB> I think that may be true, but please notice that even if this is true
LB> Emacs should be as easy to learn as possible - without loosing power
LB> of course.

I agree, but I'm saying you have to learn Emacs with a manual and then
it's easy.  You can't (easily) do it by exploring.  The user interface
is not discoverable or familiar to new users, which is what people
usually mean by "easy to learn."  This is the big barrier all effective
Emacs users have faced and surmounted by digging into documentation,
books, tutorials, etc.

Ted