Re: How to enable font lock for functions called by other functions

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: How to enable font lock for functions called by other functions
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 19:19:09 +0100

doyoucy@gmail.com wrote:
Hi all,

I noticed that the "Font Lock Function Name Face" just enables the
font lock for function name when I decalare new function. But other
functions called by this outer function don't have any color.

For example:
void foo1()
{
    foo2();
}

The function foo1 has font-lock enabled and function foo2 is just
plain text.
So, is there any options to enable the font lock for inside fuunctions
(foo2)?

I'm using GNU Emacs 22.2.1, thanks!

M-x font-lock-mode
will turn on fontifcation (syntax highlighting) for the current buffer,
assuming there is a syntax table. For most programming modes (including C and
C++)
there is.

M-x font-lock-fontify-buffer
will force emacs to refontify the buffer. This normally happens automatically,
but emacs can get confused when you comment out a section of code (or uncomment
it).
Emacs will also refuse to automatically fontify large files, this command will
force
emacs to do so.

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.