Re: emacs equivalent of vi %

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: Re: emacs equivalent of vi %
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 12:43:28 +0530

Thanks folks!  Heres the code I have:

(define-key minibuffer-local-map "%" 'percentsub)
(defun percentsub ()
  (interactive)
  (insert (file-name-nondirectory
           (buffer-file-name
            (window-buffer (minibuffer-selected-window))))))

Prior to Lennarts suggestion I had hacked together
(cadr (buffer-list))
in place of the last line which was of course quite unacceptable

Any further suggested improvements?  I guess this is going to fail in
some cases when theres no filename...