Re: Refill read only buffer - not possible?

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: Refill read only buffer - not possible?
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 11:26:10 -0500

Xnox_afc wrote:
I'm using terminal emacs over ssh on my cellphone. Display is not very
wide and when I enter info mode I get all text similar to this:

Very long sentense which goes and goes on\
and on.
But this is next sentense which also looks lik\
e this.

I tried to do refill-buffer but it told be that I can't do this in a
*read-only* buffer =((((
Is it possible to redisplay info mode so that I can read it normally
eg:

Very long sentense which goes and goes on
and on. But this is next sentense which also
looks like this.

C-x C-q  =  M-x toggle-read-only

But in most cases you don't want to save the modified file before killing the buffer.

Ed.