Re: Edit default of M-x replace-regexp

From: Chris McMahan
Subject: Re: Edit default of M-x replace-regexp
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 15:51:34 -0400

Corey Foote <coreyfoote@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I've got a quick question. I did M-x replace-regexp and entered a
> regexp and newstring only to realize (after pressing return and
> seeing the replacement fail) that the newstring I entered was not
> quite right. When I type M-x replace-regexp again, I get the choice
> to use my last replacement as the default. Is there a way to edit
> this default (particularly the newstring part of the default) so
> that I don't have to type everything all over again?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Corey Foote

There certainly is! (at least this works for me in my environment)

When you're presented with the default choice for the last
replacement, use the M-p key to cycle through the last entries into
the minibuffer, and you'll see (after 2 M-p presses) your original
string, suitable for editing.

- Chris

--
     (.   .)