Re: Using a newline character in the newstring in M-x replace-regexp

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Using a newline character in the newstring in M-x replace-regexp
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 00:54:17 +0200

Am 14.08.2008 um 21:31 schrieb Corey Foote:

I'd like to use as the newstring in M-x replace-regexp contains a few newline characters. Normally, I insert newlines by typing C-q C-j, but this doesn't
work when calling this function.

If it doesn't work, then you have a buggy GNU Emacs. Upgrade!

--
Greetings

  Pete

Email is a wonderful thing for people whose role in life is to be on top of things. But not for me; my role is to be on the bottom of things. What I do takes long hours of studying and uninterruptible concentration.
                                – Donald Knuth