Re: Change tab-with in nxhtml-mode

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Change tab-with in nxhtml-mode
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:53:57 +0200

Niels Geuts wrote:
When writing in nxhtml-mode, when I press <tab> the cursor moves 2 spaces
to> the right. I want this to be 4 spaces. How can I change this?

Are you using nxhtml-mode alone or are you using it as part of
nxhtml-mumamo
multi major mode?

I write PHP, XHTML and CSS, but I did not set mumamo explicitly. It just
works :) I would like the indentation for the PHP chunks to be 4 spaces.

I have never tried to set that. Looking at the php-mode.el you can see that it uses c-indent-line for indentation of php code.

I think someone else have to answer how to customize that.

But
I would also like to know how to create tabs in CSS files. If I press <tab>
when writing CSS, nothing happens.

If you press <tab> you tell Emacs to indent the line. You can see that by doing

   C-h k tab