Renaming old version of cc-mode to cc-old-mode

From: TheLonelyStar
Subject: Renaming old version of cc-mode to cc-old-mode
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:11:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hello together,

I want to get actionscript-mode working, which depends on an old version of
cc-mode.
Here  http://blog.pettomato.com/?p=22 http://blog.pettomato.com/?p=22  a
solution is proposed.
The solution involves having a copy of the old cc-mode version and changing
the load path to it when actionscript-mode loads.
The problem with this is, that after I edited a actionscript file and want
to edit a C++ file, I edit it in the old cc-mode.

I do not know much about elisp, but I wonder:
Would it be possible to edit the old cc-mode files renaming it to
cc-old-mode and make actionscrip-mode depend on that?
What would have to be done for that?

Thanks!
Nathan