Re: How to set break points in C?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: How to set break points in C?
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 00:19:33 +0200

Am 24.08.2008 um 21:38 schrieb Louise Hoffman:

I would prefer to use emacs, but how do I set break points?

By writing statements into the .gdbinit file – one comes with GNU Emacs source. It's more fun preparing this file than doing so many things interactively. You'll need gdb, the GNU Debugger, on your system. It does not come with GNU Emacs.

Does there exist a guide on debugging C code using emacs?

In info-mode you'll find the Gdb node. The node comes with Gdb.

--
Greetings

  Pete

It's not the valleys in life I dread so much as the dips.
                                – Garfield