Relative n00by question: >>End of file during parsing<< Error with simpl

From: straylightblue
Subject: Relative n00by question: >>End of file during parsing<< Error with simple backup unifier script
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:18:43 +0200

Hi everybody.

I'm having trouble runing a lips-file that has allways worked until now. I presume it's the new 22 version of Emacs for Windows and some incompatabilities with older elisp versions causing this, but I'm not sure. Maybe someone can help me out?

This is the error message:

An error has occurred while loading `c:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/me/Anwendungsdaten/.emacs.d/init.el':

End of file during parsing: c:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/me/Anwendungsdaten/.emacs.d/init.el
<<<

And this is the script:

(setq backup-by-copying t        ; don't clobber symlinks
    '(("." . "~/emacsbackups"))    ; don't litter my fs tree
    delete-old-versions t
    kept-new-versions 6
    kept-old-versions 2
    version-control t        ; use versioned backups

<<<

I wasn't able to find the error. Like I said, as far as I can tell this works a-ok with v.21 on the command-line in Linux.

Thanks for any help.