Re: call-process

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: call-process
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:55:45 +0200

najja <sumnerbarney@gmail.com> wrote:

> curl -v --header "string in e-blog-auth" -d "@d:\.myemacs\e-blog-tmp"
> https://www.blogger.com/feeds/blogid/posts/default
>
> However, when I translate it into the following call-process, it
> returns a error message called "Content is not allowed in prolog".
>
> (call-process "curl" nil e-blog-buffer nil
>                 "-v" "--header"
>                 e-blog-auth
>                 "--header" "Content-Type: application/atom+xml"
>                 "-d" "\"@d:\\.myemacs\\e-blog-tmp\""
>                   "https://www.blogger.com/feeds/blogid/posts/default
> \")
>
> Is there anything wrong with the function?

I'm confused by the newline and the backslash in your string, but other
than that everything is alright.

Note that you are /not/ using the same parameters in both your
calls, though.  If you add --header "Content-Type: application/atom+xml", the
command line command will fail with the same error.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher