Re: Portable emacs devices

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: Portable emacs devices
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:31:46 -0400

Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

    I wonder if anyone here can recommend a portable emacs device? My
    current laptop is too big to drag around when I cycle tour. All I really
    want is emacs as an authoring system but clearly wireless etc would be
    beneficial if its a light, robust laptop we are talking. I would prefer
    Linux as the OS underneath and have been considering the EEE but some
    funny business with the batetry capacity have caused me to rethink.

Sylvania Meso      GNU/Linux
MSI Wind           Windows XP (who cares---replace it)

    But basically a full keyboard emacs device is all I want, preferably
    with a USB port for later transfer of org files to my main development
    machine.

Both of them have several ports.  I glanced at them at work yesterday
and the Sylvania's keyboard was what drew my attention.