Remote editing through ssh and sudo

From: maghac
Subject: Remote editing through ssh and sudo
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 14:47:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, can anyone tell me if TRAMP in Emacs will help me in the following
scenario:

I am admin for a certain application on a Solaris server and need to
edit text files (shell and perl scripts) in the installation. The only
way to access the server is via ssh. No ftp or sftp. For security
reasons, I am not allowed to log in as the app owner user, but instead
I have to log in with my personal login with ssh and then use "sudo su
- app_admin" to switch to the app owner user. Sudo will of course ask
me for my password when I do this.

Just to add to the complexity, I need to do all of this on a windows
box.

Would be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction. I
read stories about people having issues getting TRAMP to run under
windows.