Showing Emacs in two places at once with synchronized screens?

From: tyler spivey
Subject: Showing Emacs in two places at once with synchronized screens?
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 02:20:58 +0000 (UTC)

Hello. I would like to run emacs inside of X, in order to get access to using
different keys as modifiers (super, hyper, etc) that I define. Also,
I want to be able to show the emacs on another console,
leave my screen reader on that console, and go. The console
would need to keep up with the emacs dispayed on the
X session. I'm rather new to all
of this, so appologize if this is something simple that I've overlooked. Here
is what I've tried so far:

1. I've tried CVS emacs in multitty mode (starting emacs on one console,
m-x server-start, switching to another console and running emacsclient -t. This
seems to work, but the
point isn't being synchronized between the two frames.

2. Running inside a screen and attaching from somewhere else with screen -xR
also
works, but I lose the ability to use shift or the other modifiers, e.g.
ctrl-shift-f. What else can I try to get this to work,
or am I going about it in the wrong way?