Re: saving buffers options

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: saving buffers options
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 10:37:41 -0600

Rustom Mody wrote:
Some buffers can be closed without any questions but for some --
typically file buffers -- if a changed buffer is (tried to be) closed,
a question is asked: Do you want save this...??

I want to get this question for python-mode, shell-mode etc. Is there
some option for this?

,----[ C-h v buffer-offer-save RET ]
| buffer-offer-save is a variable defined in `files.el'.
| Its value is nil
|
| Automatically becomes buffer-local when set in any fashion.
|

| Documentation:
| Non-nil in a buffer means always offer to save buffer on exit.
| Do so even if the buffer is not visiting a file.
| Automatically local in all buffers.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| [back]
`----

So set buffer-offer-save in python-mode-hook, shell-mode-hook, etc.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA