Re: CUA mode, turn off Shift+Curvor Move to Select

From: Xah
Subject: Re: CUA mode, turn off Shift+Curvor Move to Select
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 19:13:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 1, 2:03 pm, "Lennart Borgman (gmail)"
<lennart.borg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Xahwrote:
> >Xahwrote: «CUA mode, turn off Shift+Curvor Move to Select»
>
> > Thanks Lennart...
>
> > I've now solved my problem by attaching a deactivate-mark as a hook to
> > every command.
>
> I am glad it helped, but I can't understand why you want to do this ... ;-)

is that a joke?? :)

when cua-mode is on, any shift key with cursor movement will start to
select text. But my ergo map has some bindings with the shift key.
e.g. page up and down is meta shift I/K. So, when used with cua mode,
it starts to select text when paging up, which is annoying. But now,
with the above, it's fixed.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/