Re: comment with triple braces ;;}}} ;;{{{ section ...

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: comment with triple braces ;;}}} ;;{{{ section ...
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 19:42:56 +1000

Xah <xahlee@gmail.com> writes:

> i have a elisp package such that the commends has triple braces to
> mark sections, like this:
>
> ;;}}}
> ;;{{{ Recording

> ;;}}}
> ;;{{{ Internal functions returning statistics
>
> Is this used by some outline mode or something?
>
> I'm maitaining the mode and have the urge to remove these braces.

Yep, that looks like folding-mode.

Its a very handy mode when working with larger files. recommend you try
it out before removing them. Also, there was a package a fair while ago
that I saw that could hide the markers for those who wanted to not use
folding mode, but didn't want to remove them because others found it
useful. Maybe see if you can find it (or maybe its now part of folding
mode). It would save you the effort of having to remove them and still
allow anyone who may want to also work on the mode who likes them to
continue using them.

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au