Re: anti-aliased fonts

From: Ian Eure
Subject: Re: anti-aliased fonts
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 19:08:33 -0700

On Sep 3, 2008, at 12:56 PM, Evans Winner wrote:

Ian Eure <ian@digg.com> writes:

   I don't use Linux anymore, but I'd expect that recent
   Emacs packages support AA fine.

Just out of curiosity... what do you use?

Mac OS X. Aquamacs and Carbon Emacs both support antialiased fonts.

In any case, I have been compiling Emacs from CVS on various
flavors of GNU/Linux for at least a couple of years now.  On
a very few occasions I have had a problem, but in every case
I just don't do `make install' and wait a few days and the
problem gets fixed.  By and large it does work with no
problems.  I don't know how easy it is to compile Emacs on
MS Windows, but Lennart Borgman's EmacsW32 package is
pre-compiled and is a version 23 compile.

It's pretty straightforward on OS X, too. I've compiled a few 22.x nightlies to track down some freezing bugs lately.