Re: Emacsw32 website suggestion [Re: Behavior of M-x and A-x]

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: Emacsw32 website suggestion [Re: Behavior of M-x and A-x]
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 20:25:27 +0000 (UTC)

In article <mailman.16448.1218550117.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
Lennart Borgman (gmail) <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote:
>Xah wrote:
>> Thanks. Quite complicated i don't understand. That seems c source.
>
>Just look at the structure. I think you can guess what is going on from
>that.
>
>> there's some suggestion about your emacsw32 site.
>>
>> • drop the name to just EmacsW32. As opposed to Emacs+EmacsW32.
>
>Thanks, but I have struggled quite a bit with that one. There has been a
>lot of misunderstandings and because of that I prefer Emacs+EmacsW32.
>
>> • redo the entry page so it's simply a site for EmacsW32, as a pre-
>> compiled emacs distro for MS Windows. With this message simple. Then
>> links to separate pages about features, source code, explanation of
>> patch, on reason to use, change log, etc.
>
>You mean the page
>
>   http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/Emacs.html
>
>Yes, it is out of sync so to say now. Thanks.

------- and on sunday, 7sept08:

The point is that, when user goes to your site,
http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html
she can immediately get the idea that this is a pre-compiled emacs
distro for Windows with ease to use in mind. Then, she can click on
the big download button to try it out. If she's a tech geeker, she can
easily check whether there's patch she can dowload, or other info.

[Need updating?

  re http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Aquamac or Carbon Emacs' website are good examples of this approach.

nu.emacs.help #166768 (548 + 237 more)
[2] Re: Emacsw32 website suggestion [Re: Behavior of M-x and A-x]
> Thanks. Quite complicated i don't understand. That seems c source.

Just look at the structure. I think you can guess what is going on from
that.

> there's some suggestion about your emacsw32 site.
>
> â^@¢ drop the name to just EmacsW32. As opposed to Emacs+EmacsW32.

Thanks, but I have struggled quite a bit with that one. There has been a
lot of misunderstandings and because of that I prefer Emacs+EmacsW32.

> â^@¢ redo the entry page so it's simply a site for EmacsW32, as a pre-
> compiled emacs distro for MS Windows. With this message simple. Then
> links to separate pages about features, source code, explanation of
> patch, on reason to use, change log, etc.

You mean the page

   http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/Emacs.html

Yes, it is out of sync so to say now. Thanks.

[Yes indeed:

re:    http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/Emacs.html

HTTP/1.1 200 OK