Re: how to tick entire thread

From: Niels Giesen
Subject: Re: how to tick entire thread
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 08:17:17 +0200

> Is there a command to tick or even better mark dormant a whole thread
> in one go?
>
> I'm probably blind but looking though the available commands with the
> term `tick' in them I didn't find one that appears to do that.

Under the presumption you are talking about gnus, I think you mean:

C-M-k runs the command gnus-summary-kill-thread
  which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum.el'.
It is bound to C-M-k, T k, <menu-bar> <Threads> <Mark thread as read>.
(gnus-summary-kill-thread &optional UNMARK)

Mark articles under current thread as read.
If the prefix argument is positive, remove any kinds of marks.
If the prefix argument is negative, tick articles instead.
                                    ^^^^

--
http://niels.kicks-ass.org