Re: Mouse press events (on mode line, etc) when programming a new major

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: Mouse press events (on mode line, etc) when programming a new major mode
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 12:23:13 +0200

joao <joao@teaser.fr> wrote:

> I am programming a new major mode, and I'm having trouble redefining some of
> the usual mouse actions :
>
> - when I split the windows side-by-side, and my window is on the left,
> I can no longer drag the vertical separator between windows, to change
> window size

This doesn't work at all in my Emacs (Carbon backend), so I can't help
you here.  But I don't think that this can be modified per-buffer.

> - when I split the windows above and below, and my window is above, I can no
>   longer drag the mode line to change window size

You'd need to locally modify the mode line (`mode-line-format') to not include
its keymap properties.  But I'd advise against such invasive action,
unless you have a very good reason for it.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher