Re: indenting keyword arguments so far

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: indenting keyword arguments so far
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 17:19:20 +0200

Tamas K Papp <tkpapp@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi asked this on c.l.l, but didn't find a solution, so I thought I would
> ask here.  I would like my Common Lisp code to be indented properly.
>
> Suppose I type
>
> (foo :a a :b b
> :c c :d :e e
> :f f :g g)
>
> into a Lisp buffer (keyword names are deliberately short, but imagine they
> would not fit on a line).  C-M-q gives
>
> (foo :a a :b b
>         :c c :d d :e e
>         :f f :g g)
>
> Pressing Tab gives
>
> (foo :a a :b b
>         :c c :d d :e e
>                   :f f :g g)
>
> What I would prefer is something like
>
> (foo :a a :b b
>      :c c :d d :e e
>      :f f :g g)
>
> Others on c.l.l claim it works properly for them, but not for me.  I am
> using Emacs 23.0.0.1, with the following settings:
>
> C-M-q runs the command indent-sexp
>   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `lisp-mode.el'.
>
> TAB (translated from <tab>) runs the command lisp-indent-line
>   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `lisp-mode.el'.
>
> lisp-indent-function is a variable defined in `lisp-mode.el'.
> Its value is
> common-lisp-indent-function
> Local in buffer foo.lisp; global value is
> lisp-indent-function
>
> (symbol-plist 'common-lisp-indent-function) gives nil.
>
>>From the comments of others, I am under the impression that what I want
> should work out of the box, but it doesn't.  Please help me find out
> why...

Hi,
it seem `common-lisp-indent-function' is set for lisp-mode, and
emacs-lisp-mode overhide this settings.
How did you set lisp-indent-function ? (with a hook may be?)
if you just set it with:
,----
| (setq lisp-indent-function 'common-lisp-indent-function)
`----
you will have this setting both for emacs-lisp and cl.
The property lists will be indented correctly but you will lost
the if emacs-lisp indentation:

,----
| (if A
|     nil)