Re: tramp hang "waiting 60s for prompt from remote shell"

From: Andy Stewart
Subject: Re: tramp hang "waiting 60s for prompt from remote shell"
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 13:45:34 +0800

>>>>> "arolin" == arolin  <arolin@gmail.com> writes:

Hi.

Try put blow add your .emacs

(custom-set-variables '(tramp-verbose 0))

Regards.

Andy.

    arolin> I am trying to use tramp and ssh to access files on my web server.

    arolin> my emacs is GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)

    arolin> I use cygwin for my ssh and can log into my server

    arolin> I try to access my files as such:
    arolin> C-x C-f /ssh:user@hostname.com:~/ <tab>

    arolin> The file name prompt then says
    arolin> waiting 60s for prompt from remote shell
    arolin> and crashes. I have to use ctrl-alt-delete to kill the process

    arolin> any hints?
    arolin> Thanks
    arolin> --
    arolin> View this message in context:
http://www.nabble.com/tramp-hang-%22waiting-60s-for-prompt-from-remote-shell%22-tp19383075p19383075.html
    arolin> Sent from the Emacs - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.