Re: M-x term strange behaviour.

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: M-x term strange behaviour.
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:50:28 +0200

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 2:22 PM, Andrea Vettorello
<andrea.vettorello@gmail.com> wrote:
> IIIRC you can modify that behaviour via termcap/terminfo (I learned
> too much about it when I was looking for a way to disable the blinking
> cursor everywhere)
>
> Probably related link:
> http://invisible-island.net/xterm/xterm.faq.html#xterm_tite

arg, I feared that's a terminfo stuff...

Running M-x term start a 'eterm-color' terminal where terminfo symbols
smcup and rmcup are not defined. Actually looking into the
eterm-color.ti file, these symbols are commented:

$ tail /usr/share/emacs/22.2/etc/e/eterm-color.ti
        smso=\E[7m,
#       smcup=\E[?47h,
#       rmcup=\E[?47l,
#      rs2 may need to be added

So I tried to uncomment them and recompile the eterm-color.ti but
nothing change...

xterm terminal defines differently but doing the same doesn't improve anything.

Now I'm wondering if eterm-color terminal support these capabilities at all.

I'm clueless for now.
--
Francis