Re: what is the important uses of emacs lisp?

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: what is the important uses of emacs lisp?
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 20:53:57 +0300

Evans Winner wrote:

I'm on a bit of a rampage of late because I just took a new
sysadmin job and found that the IT department policies are
so absurdly strict that I can't even install my choice of
text editors on the PC there.  There is a short (very short)
list of allowed software (almost all of it proprietary, of
course) and I'm just stuck with it.  There I am running a
million-dollar system running (nee) OS/400 and on the front
end I'm stuck with Windows and notepad.exe.  Point...
grunt...  point...  grunt.

Man. I regret you.