Re: AucTeX and doc-view-mode

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: AucTeX and doc-view-mode
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 09:45:38 +0200

David Hansen <david.hansen@gmx.net> writes:

Hi David,

> Can I get AucTeX to use `doc-view-mode' (and if needed
> `revert-buffer') to display the result?  I use Emacs and AucTeX from
> CVS if the matters.

I don't think that you really want to do that.  Doc-view recompiles the
whole document after it has changed.  And since its MD5 changed, too,
you'll get an additional cache folder in /tmp/doc-view<uid>/ for any
latex run.

I think it's much better to use preview-latex in that case.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Richard Stallman never showers: he runs 'make clean'.