RE: incremental search in all visible buffers

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: incremental search in all visible buffers
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 23:03:31 -0700

> is there any way to use incremental seach in all visible buffers.
> this is usefull when working on a buffer while viewing also another
> buffer, and I want to search(incremnatal search with highlight) on
> both buffers and view immediate result on the buffers.

Here's one answer:

Icicles offers a different kind of incremental search (and replace). You can use
it across multiple buffers or files (or saved regions).

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Icicles_-_Search_Commands%2c_Overview

And here are some other multiple-buffer search possibilities, not all of which
are incremental, however:

* http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategorySearchAndReplace#toc1
* http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/SearchBuffers