Re: What I'm missing when using M-x shell

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: What I'm missing when using M-x shell
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 21:32:49 +0300

Francis Moreau пишет:
Hello,

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 7:59 PM, Oleksandr Gavenko <gavenkoa@gmail.com> wrote:
Francis Moreau wrote:
 4/ There's no readline "yank-last-arg" function which inserts the last
     argument to the previous commands
Is the feature useful?
In C-x shell you can move cursor to select any previous typing and pressing
M-> to back to writing command.

Do you realize how many key pressings you're doing to do what you described ?

In my use case I only press one time.

Using key typo depend of your task. I write sh, C, Java related type
of files, often on Windows (at work) and so I do not need remember
specials key binding for a such task, I construct it from that I know.

If you need more than 3 time for a 10 second period do such task
you have reason.