how to load file into interpreter(python)?

From: cnb
Subject: how to load file into interpreter(python)?
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:58:24 -0700 (PDT)

Python-mode worked right out out of the box in Emacs and then I added
Python to my path so now the interpreter works as well.

However when I try to load a file(that is not located in site-
packages) it doesn't work.
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):

ImportError: No module named parsing

It is fairly impractical to work with if that doesn't work and cut and
pasting doesn't work(not that it is a good alternative in the first
place) because of Python being intendation-sensitive.

Can I add something to my .emacs-file to solve this?