Local Version Control failed

From: Xin
Subject: Local Version Control failed
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:01:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm using the Local Version Control  as described in

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Local-Version-Control.html

It worked once when the remote file was CVS versioned with only two
digits, such as 1.2. Then the local RCS worked prety well.

However, this time I'm dealing with a remote CVS versioned file as
CVS-1.2.1.1 [B1_6_X] with the tag B1_6_X. Then when I want to register
for the local RCS by C-u C-x v v rcs RET, it gives me error message:

RCS/PATMHTProducer.cc,v  <--  PATMHTProducer.cc
ci: RCS/PATMHTProducer.cc,v: Branch point doesn't exist for revision
1.1.2.1.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Xin