SVN vs RCS - How do I disable svn version control in favour of RCS

From: Marc Armstrong
Subject: SVN vs RCS - How do I disable svn version control in favour of RCS
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:22:57 +0100

Hello,

I am currently working on a project which uses SVN as the primary version control system. However I like to use RCS for my local version control during development. Therefore, I typically would like to check out a complete build of software from our archives (using the tortoise tool), develop my software using emacs and RCS to control the changes I make, then check the final product back  into subversion repository.

My problem is that the files, which are already under svn control are recognized as such by emacs due to the local ‘.svn’ directory, meaning I can’t use RCS. I would appreciate very much if someone could advise me how to tell emacs to ignore the svn directory?

Best Regards,

Marc Armstrong.