Re: Reversing lines chunks at a time

From: Rupert Swarbrick
Subject: Re: Reversing lines chunks at a time
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:49:29 +0100

rgb <rbielaws@i1.net> writes:

> See
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/AnchoredTranspose

(snip explanation of use)
> If I remember correctly by default it ignores white space around your
> selection.  IOW you may need to C-u C-x M-t to have it swap correctly
> (stop ignoring whitespace).
> But if you find yourself needing the C-u behavior you can make this
> change.
>
>   (interactive `(,(region-beginning) ,(region-end)
>                  ,current-prefix-arg
>   (interactive `(,(region-beginning) ,(region-end)
>                  ,(not current-prefix-arg)
>
> Hmm, maybe the routine needs a cust flag....

That's exactly what I was after, thanks! And if I think of a better ui
for it, I might hack around and send you the results (not that I can
immediately). About the whitespace issue, that seems sensible - I'll
play with it, but I'd say don't add a customize flag: since the user
already really needs to set up a key binding to use it, they can just
set the keybinding to pass an arg.

Thank you very much!

Rupert