Re: Reversing lines chunks at a time

From: Rupert Swarbrick
Subject: Re: Reversing lines chunks at a time
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:58:39 +0100

Xah <xahlee@gmail.com> writes:

> harven suggested a solution that uses syntax table.
>
> i'd just write a simple elisp that process the current line or region.
> This is such as good exercise if you haven't tried elisp for text
> processing yet.
>
> The functions listed in this page is probably all you need:
> http://xahlee.org/emacs/elisp_common_functions.html

Thank you, Xah.

It's always nice to be both patronised and given no help. I actually
already have some experience writing elisp, but a "simple elisp" (do you
actually mean a new implementation of the language?!) isn't what I was
after. Indeed I wanted something a lot more like what rgb
suggested. This wasn't "simple".

Happy trolling,

Rupert