Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:05:27 +0200

Xah Lee <xah@xahlee.org> wrote:

> Yes. Though that doesn't constitute a good argument against Untitled
> for replacement of *scratch*.

Of course not.  I never mentioned scratch.  I just said that this can't
be the solution.  (Why did you bring it up?)

> However, as far as my experience goes, apps that require you to have a
> window present is pretty much gone these days. Off hand i cant think
> of a app now in Mac that requires you having at least one window
> present.

>From the top of my head, System Preferences, Software Update, iPhoto or
Photo Booth.  I think it's generally a reasonable behavior for all apps
that don't display (multiple) documents.  I think some 3rd party apps
are inappropriately overusing this behavior.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher