Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?

From: Ross A. Laird
Subject: Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:32:24 -0700

I have been following this thread with amusement and (a little bit of)
chagrin. Online modes of communication make it easy to say things that
one would not say in a face-to-face conversation. But that's just an
observation. My main point is that I am not a programmer (I am a
professional writer) and I would like to vote for continuation of the
scratch buffer as a basic feature. I used the scratch buffer the other
day to show some students in a creative writing class the schedule of
their presentations, which I had copied from my org-mode agenda (which
has all kinds of other stuff that is not relevant to the class). I don't
use the scratch buffer all that much, but I like to know that it's
there. I copy snippets of text to it, and I sometimes use it to create
odd little literary vignettes that I may not wish to save. It's useful.

Just my two bits.

Cheers.

Ross

--